Saturday, June 6, 2015

Veg Macaroni / Pasta Recipe

I came across this recipe in Aval Vikatan and tried it. It came out awesome so wanted to share here. I had a packet of macaroni lying idle for 1 month and this was the perfect recipe for it. This recipe would be sufficient for 3 people. And its healthy as well as we add vegetables and spinach.



Ingredients:


1. Pasta/Macroni - 1 packet (200gms)
2. Pasta sauce - 3/4 cup
3. Garlic - 4 cloves, finely chopped
4. Carrot - 1 big finely chopped
5. Cucumber - 1 big finely chopped
6. Palak - 1 cup (I used ponnangani keerai as I didnt have palak in hand)
7. Olive oil - 1&1/2 tbsp
8. Salt - as needed
9. Cheese, grated- just for garnish

Method:


1. Cook the macaroni as given in the pack. Reserve some of the cooked water. Once cooked wash it with cold water and toss it with a tsp of oil so that it does not stick to each other.
2. Heat oil in kadai, add the garlic and saute. Once browned, add the vegetables and spinach. Saute for some time and close the kadai with  little water till the vegetables get cooked.
3. Add the cooked pasta and mix  well so that it is combined with the vegetables.
4. Now add the pasta sauce and mix well. Add required salt and mix.
5. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve hot!.


Notes:

  • The original recipe called for two cups of pasta sauce. But since my husband doesnt like too much of sauce in his dish I reduced. And it was just right. If you reduce further it would become dry.
  • I made homemade pasta sauce following this recipe and its very simple to make too.
  • You can also add capsicum if you want. 
  • I didnt have palak so I used ponnangani keerai. I didnt find much alteration in taste.
  • I finely chooped the veggies so that it will be cooked soon. If you want you can chop them big.
  • I added salt in pasta sauce already so I reduced accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment